Our 2nd generation watch is here the Kikko (turtle shell) with aluminium Pepsi bezel.
Aluminium was a conscious decision & one with a more vintage heritage, sure it may pick up scratches where as ceramic doesn't but the matte tone colour of aluminum & the fact the colour will fade over time, we thought it would look better & wearing it, it certainly does.
We use the same NH35 movement as in our gen 1 but this is the made in Japan variant which is of a better quality, look out for the Sii signed on the movement visible through our exhibition caseback.
The Sii means this was made in Japan for domestic models.
We went with a more aggressive styling on the watch dial, sharper edges (teeth like) on the 6,9 & 12 , more acute pointers on the hour & minute hands & went with a lollipop second counter to match the other circular markers on the dial which balances the asthetic.
Another improvement is the Swiss luminova, glowing brighter for longer than C3 & BGW9 lume.
Lastly the jubilee bracelet has all solid links, an improvement on our first oyster bracelet iteration.
We hope you like our latest release to the AKIO family.
Check out our list of watch features & specifications below.
With features such as:
- 120 click bezel
- Applied markers.
- Improved Swiss luminova on watch dial
- Stainless Steel Jubilee Bracelet with SEL (solid end links)
- Exhibition Caseback
- Date window with cyclops magnifier
- Aluminium Pepsi Bezel
- Seiko Caliber NH35 (Sii made in Japan movement)
- Vibrations per hour: 21,600 bph
- Power Reserve: 41 hours
- Hacking & Hand winding: Yes
- Accuracy: Seiko advise -20 ~ + 40 seconds a day (in fact daily variations are alot less with many able to fine tune to within 1 sec per day.
- Case width: 41.5mm
- Bezel: 38.5mm
- Lug to lug: 44mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Lug width (strap size): 20mm
- Weight: 140grammes